|Inkscape 0.46 - Yellow Car (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
Check here for resources and more details on John's page.
Speedgeeking quick intro to Inkscape and how it can be used as an intuitive introduction to some Math related concepts:
- Geometrical operations: union, difference, intersection, exclusion...
- Fractals, tessellations, patterns...
- Exploration of graphs of functions by moving control points of bezier curves.
|Bezier Curves Cubic Bezier Curve (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
It allows students (and teachers) to create art using concepts and skills that are very different from traditional art.
- http://inkscape.org/ - main website
- http://link.ssis.edu.vn/Technology_@_SSIS/Software/Inkscape - resources page from SSIS
- http://www.digitalartforall.com/695/teach-math-technology-and-art-using-inkscape-in-schools/ - this idea was shamelessly taken from this link :)